
Is this poster similar to something you saw in your own school? I always remember seeing motivational signs my teachers had plastered around their classroom. When I saw this poster, I thought about the way I want my own classroom to look like someday.
In my mind, I envisioned a book shelf piled with novels, a rug and bean bag area for pleasure reading, plants, color, a graffiti wall and the list could keep going with ideas. I wondered if I would include posters like this in my room because it seemed normal in the high school atmosphere. When I was in school, I usually thought the posters were a little "cheesy" and they did not speak to me on a deep level. This realization made me think of an idea for something we could include in our classrooms. It is similar to a graffiti wall, but does not include the student's favorite poetry or song lyrics. Instead the students would pick a quote or statement by an individual they see as motivational or inspiring and put them on a "motivational wall." This way when the students see the board, they will remember their role model and try to live by their words of advice.
This could be a fun idea for high school students or they may think it is weird. I can not say for sure, but the idea came across to me and I was wondering what other people were thinking. Any further ideas or suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment